While global warming is posing challenges of high temperature, extreme humidity for people when they are outdoor, mosquitoes are also posing new health threats with dreadful mosquito bitten health challenges like dengue, malaria, etc. Zika virus, the latest health threat caused by an insect bite, has spread a new dread among people, mostly in the US. While many people are succumbing to bug sprays and repellent ointments not everyone is comfortable with these. Some are allergic to these sprays, while others find it irritating to apply ointment in high humidity and some experience skin irritation with these. Under such circumstances when people do not feel comfortable with the idea of using these chemical products, mosquito bands seem to be perfect options, which are chemical free.
The Effectiveness of a Mosquito Band
There have been lots of rumors and stories about the mosquito bracelets and their effectiveness in protecting from mosquitoes. It might be true that sometimes media sources boasted about these too much, however, according to studies and laboratory tests not all bands were found to be useless. The bands which came with a localized fan were found to be more effective than those which had no fan. Moreover, since studies revealed a lot about the use and advantages of these mosquito bands, these products have gained massive popularity over time.
Safe Use for Kids
DEET the most popular chemical used in mosquito repellents or other chemicals is generally not considered to be safe for kids. However, it is even not possible to restrict kids indoors. Therefore, as parents when you let your children go out, you need to take protective measures to secure them from mosquito bites. But using chemicals in such cases may pose even a bigger risk, since delicate skin of the kids may not be able to take chemicals.
Most mosquito bands are made of natural organic oils and ingredients. And with the use of a fan, the ingredients are sprayed across. Since there is no chemical involved in the process, there is no risk of chemical allergies or irritation if you use them for kids.
- Kids have a delicate skin, and chemical ointments or repellants can cause irritation or skin allergy. However, these bands made of organic ingredients are safe on their skin and health.
- Some kids get irritated while applying repellent creams, but these bands are quite exciting for kids to wear.
- Your kids can actually wear them everywhere as well as you too, and use it just like a fashion accessory.
How to Choose a Mosquito Band
When choosing a mosquito band for children and adults alike, there are a lot of things you need to consider, such as the following:
- Choose only those bands which are made of organic ingredients to avoid skin problems.
- You can also look for built-in fans in the bands which make them more effective.
- Look for bands with adjustable wrist bands, which can be loosened or tightened accordingly.
- Look for competitive prices among all the available options in the market.
Therefore, mosquito bands can be considered as a safe alternative to repellents and insect sprays, which use high dosage of chemicals that are not at all safe for kids. Visit Dan Hadley Adelaide…